Jimpress

Welcome to the Jimpress Forum
It is currently Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:00 pm 

I loved the article "Capturing Hendrix's Musical Genius on Paper." I'm going to be digging out the transcriptions of the songs I haven't got in my own collection! As most are out of print, I guess it'll be a deep dive into eBay.

I've got a few titles that I can add to the list. Some have been covered in the article, but are different transcriptions.

Hear My Train Comin' - Guitar Techniques (August 2005) - this is the first 5 minutes of the Maui version (early show 30/07/1970) taken from The Rainbow Bridge Concert CD released by Purple Haze. The issue includes CD Backing Track.

Knock Yourself Out - Total Guitar (January 2001) - taken from the Complete PPX Recordings.

Hear My Train Comin' (Acoustic) - Guitar World (July 1994) - alternative transcription to the one published in Blues guitar tab book.

Guitar Player (August 1997) covers in-depth analysis of Hey Baby, Freedom and Night Bird Flying - only exerts of the songs, but very informative. This was done in support of the First Rays album.

Come On (Part 1) - Total Guitar Blues Special (2006) - alternative transcription to the one published in Electric Ladyland tab book. This includes a backing track.

All Along the Watchtower - Total Guitar (August 1998) - alternative transcription to the one published in Electric Ladyland and Play-Along tab book. This includes a backing track (which I think is better than the Play-Along Version and the transcription is excellent).

Guitar Magazine (I think it's October 1995 Vol 5 Issue 10, because like I fool I've ripped the tab out of the magazine and binned the mag years ago and there's no tag on the music) - Intro for Killing Floor, ways Hendrix approached Foxy Lady and Purple Haze live.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:24 pm 

I forgot about these 2.

Guitar Techniques (November 2003) did a piece on what if Hendrix had performed Something by the Beatles. Some great rhythm ideas in this.

Killing Floor - Guitar Techniques (January 2002) - an alternative transportation of the BBC sessions. Includes a backing track.