Jimpress

Welcome to the Jimpress Forum
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:23 am 

Had a great time last night at RAH as Janie and Steve Gold from The Last Experience introduced the premiere performance of the "holy grail" although Gold said it was a rough cut and there were no credits at the end. After watching bootleg snippets over the years this is the real deal with some astonishing footage although I noticed SUNSHINE OF YOUR LOVE and BLEEDING HEART are missing. Highlights for me were LITTLE WING and ROOM FULL OF MIRRORS and it was great to see a few thousand fans there with rapturous applause. Cannot wait for a DVD release?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:55 am 

No Hear My Train... either. Jerry also said it will be released all over the world for everybody to see, and that it was a rough mix (as well as rough cut). Interesting to see two Hound Dogs - so at least two takes. The second, which runs to the end, was shown as a smaller image after the main movie. I'm sure it was said that the film crew also followed Jimi in Scandinavia as well as Austria etc.. I was disappointed that it did not flow as a concert. After Stone Free, for example, it was back to off stage footage. I think just 3 times 1 number was followed by another. However the glimpses of the other footage they have, including the soundcheck, gives me hope of a fantastic box set. It didn't look like it had been painstakingly restored to me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:16 pm 

Even though I wasn’t there to see the film last night, I’m really pleased the event happened because - with all the legal wrangling a over the years - I was still expecting this never to happen at all right until the very last minute due to some legal motion. Let’s hope it does get a full worldwide release of some kind soon then