Jimpress

Welcome to the Jimpress Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:11 am 

Hi
Had a chat with someone over the weekend who had ECM; sold many years ago. He says that it was produced late 78 or early 79, and that it was very brittle and most likely acetate, but can't say for sure.
The recording used was nothing special, not 1st gen, and the pic came from a photographer's proof sheet.
And, yes, a very few copies were made, possibly 6 but maybe a few more.
mal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:30 pm 

Hi Everybody, great to see some familiar names, I remember most of you and I know some of you visited the Jimi Hendrix Haven quite a few times. Yes, I only had pressed 6 copies of Electric Church Music (Part 1). They were very expensive to have done and I mainly had them done to have some hefty bargaining power with some of the American collectors like a guy called Bob Terry who was considered at the time to have THE largest collection in the world. I did manage to get some great audio and photos out of him including the full Woodstock gig which I think I was the first to have in the UK. That took some doing and all you guys were drooling and I know I did many copies for you guys. I wasn't into all this bargaining stuff towards the end, I just wanted to pass them on. Also there were 10 copies of the Paris, Olympia gig Jan 28th, 1968 ( You all have to be as quiet as bunnies). I don't have any left - they were all either used for trading with difficult collectors or they were bought at my auction. I know Tony Brown had some and sadly he is no longer with us - so I don't know where they all are. I know I passed on many rare photos to collectors as well. I think you guys know all the people I met etc like: Al Hendrix, Kathy Etchingham, Monika Dannemann, Mitch Mitchell, Noel Redding, Charles Shaar Murray, Graham Oliver of Saxon, and many others that I forget now. All this info they gave me and any of Jimi's belongings were either shared with you or you were able to see them at the Haven. Kathy didn't want her stuff of Jimi's passing on.

All this Welsh Monastery stuff and MF (who's he) is utter rubbish. Who starts these rumours off. I am a christian as some of you know and I've led the most exciting and abundant life with my great family. I still live in Retford and what would be really cool would be for any of you who would like to get together and come and visit you would be most welcome. NO, I don't collect anymore, my life is so full BUT I have a large and varied music collection of incredible music and nowadays anything I don't have of Jimi's can be heard or seen on line. It's all there so I'm not missing much. I am a professional guitarist both performing and teaching as well as a DVD wedding cameraman. I'm studying jazz guitar - absolutely beautiful. Of course I still play Purple Haze or Little Wing or any amount of rock and metal if that's what the people want. I have about 15 videos on Youtube - both my christian rock band from 22 years ago and some recent stuff like Freddie King's 'The Stumble' and of course me bringing Jimi's dad out onto the stage at my Jimi Hendrix Convention. Just type in: jmsbk12345 and another one is: john berry guitarist. I've been rapping on too long now but if you would like to get in touch then the Youtube page will show you how. Take care everybody, John.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:34 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for clearing all that up, John. And welcome.

=============================

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:24 pm 

You're welcome Steve. What are you up to these days? I can't remember but did you visit me at the Haven?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

Running Jimpress, attending school Christmas plays and fixing scalextric cars mostly!

Wasn't there a third Tan disc?

=============================

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:05 pm 

I didn't know you could make a living out of fixing scalextric cars - cool! No, I made no more TAN discs or anything. Why, what are you thinking about? If you hear from Gary Knowles or Stan Johnson tell'em to look me up please. So are there people in the UK still trying to find every bootleg in existence or audio and video tape. You can find most of the material on line these days. Even with my large collection way back in 1985 I still found much material I never had on the internet. For me the great joy is for real lovers of Jimi's music to be together and listen to the music together. Are you into other music as well Steve?