Jimpress

Welcome to the Jimpress Forum
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:36 am 

jp 72 has a review of the shout to the top release of the atlanta pop show and calls it the best release of this show.gives it a sound quality rating of 7. the next issue has a review of the rattle snake issue of the same show "high voltage at atlanta" and gives it a sound quality rating of 9.then ben frank 3rd edition pt 3 says the shout to the top release is the best release of this show.so i'm confused.which release has the best sound quality and what are the differences if any between these releases?

jp 27 reviews dedicated to kent state from sjr and calls it the "closer to the source" version.can anyone tell me which releases of this show have the closer to the source version.is the version on rockin the usa vol 2 this version?

if anyone can help with these questions i would appreciate it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:35 pm 

I wont comment on which may be the best between any bootlegs, simply as I don't have enough of them.
Not that I want them mind :-)
Thing is, if your looking for "best quality" as a rule this can be found in collectors circles rather than on a boot. Double pleasure is collectors material is free.
JP do not recommend any bootlegs, reviews are simply to highlight what is available and ratings are generally against other boots.
It does seem that JP recommends some boots over others but please keep in mind JP do not recommend you buy any boots.
Every scrap of available hendrix material not officially available can be obtained for free some where from some one. Happy hunting.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:38 pm 

For me this issue raises the point of what and why JP review.
I know this issue crops up at times, maybe time for it to be discussed once again only this time in a more general forum.
With that in mind I'll kick it off ........ elsewhere on the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:33 am 

i only asked because the reviews had conflicting information and i wanted someone who knew what they were talking about to clear things up.thats why i buy jimpress because it sorts this sort of thing out and makes life easier for people like me.

i agree with you about collectors discs but i dont have a clue about how to get started.i dont download,yes i know i'm living in the past ,and have no way at the moment to make a copy of something to trade.plus i really dont know anyone in collectors circles.