Jimpress

Welcome to the Jimpress Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:38 pm 

idiootti wrote:
: the shop had ordered Atlanta btw, they just didn't receive it

If you can't get the vinly from your record store, order it online on ebay here>> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171912139080? ... rmvSB=true - £14.50GBP inc Delivery [to the UK] from Germany.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:01 pm 

I was asked a question today regard the new Freedom vinyl set and it was about analogue or not.
The EU sticker steers clear of the phrase. I know this album is far from "All Analogue" as will be the US pressing. I am waiting on a US copy to arrive but in the mean time, anyone in the US with a copy can you please quote the sticker detail?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:46 pm 

Thanks for the link & comments, the lp finally arrived at the shop on Wednesday and I was able to pick it up yesterday (I try to avoid mail order whenever I can, the post office has demolished so many of my packages...). The "other" major shop over here still doesn't have the vinyl which I find odd. After one play it's too early to form a definite opinion but to reply to Gordon's question, I think the mix on side 4 is the same as the other sides - except for the fireworks, those are mixed in wide stereo, that might be what got your attention? I'm still puzzled by the overall mix, just like the 45 the loudest instrument seems to be the bass.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:46 pm 

Just sat with the album again and this time a start to finish session. I didn't really notice any difference on side four this time so I guess it was maybe those fireworks :-)
There are a couple of songs that the bass seems more prominent on but no so much to the fore as the drums were mixed on Winterland.
This mix does though give us a better perspective of Cox's playing live.
The players are presented as if they were on stage, Hendrix slightly left, Cox to the right and Mitch mostly central. There are times when the cymbal splash seems to have crept out a little further right.
Over all the mix is very good for this show to my ears. The show is more listenable with this fresh mix but no matter what is done the struggle for the three of them during Message To Love, start to finish will never be overcome. Chas would have sacked the three of them after that, ha ha!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:40 pm 

And I have to add that the McDermott introduction to Film Producer / Director was a hands down success. Hat's off to the guy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:55 pm 

DVD release date (in the UK at least), 30th Oct.

Contains performances of three additional songs not included in the broadcast version of the film, and other never before released Hendrix bonus content (according to the blah, blah, woof, woof!)

Attachments:
chu.jpg
chu.jpg [ 13.33 KiB | Viewed 672 times ]