Jimpress

Welcome to the Jimpress Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:59 am 

Jimy Bleu, leader of the longest-running & ONLY authentic Jimi Hendrix tribute show 'Voodoo Child', since 1968, is in post-production on an unauthorized film based on Jimi Hendrix. This film will be showcased soon around the New York City area.

Bleu was a member of the official Hendrix fan club at Warner-Reprise records & is one of the people responsible for having Hendrix speak at his high school in New York City (Performing Arts). Live videos of this act bear witness to the high level of energy in this re-creation & in the recording studio, Bleu exceedingly re-creates the Jimi Hendrix sound on all instruments/vocals.

In the words of Bleu....."If you want to know Hendrix's discography, his various guitars, his clothes, his girlfriends, his toothpaste, then you can read the bios, view the docs, visit the forums or talk to those who were close to him......but if you really want to understand the music & mysticism of the man, then all roads lead to me"~!

You can also tune into Bleu broadcasting a weekly FM radio show in the NYC/NJ/Conn areas, playing the finest in Soul/Rock/Blues, Funk, Reggae & Gospel music. Information about the show is listed below. This radio show also features the finest 'Hendrix-watch' on radio, bringing you a weekly update on the Hendrix community, playing rare Hendrix material & special guests.

More information on "Voodoo Child", can be found at:

http://www.reverbnation.com/voodoochildreview
http://www.youtube.com/cc4bleu

More information on Jimy Bleu & his radio show can be found at:

http://wfdu.streamrewind.com/host/profi ... /jimy-bleu

Attachments:
VC_Stone_pic.jpg
VC_Stone_pic.jpg [ 172.67 KiB | Viewed 3106 times ]
Bleu 1969 resized.jpg
Bleu 1969 resized.jpg [ 24 KiB | Viewed 3106 times ]
001_jimijimy2.jpg
001_jimijimy2.jpg [ 42.56 KiB | Viewed 3106 times ]

Last edited by Bleu on Tue May 26, 2015 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:35 pm 

Thanx bleu. Not in your area but nice to hear of this.
But ............."......but if you really want to understand the music & mysticism of the man, then all roads lead to me"~! .......................I'd rather dig the man for my understnding :D

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:47 pm 

Hi Gordon,

Nice to make your acquaintance.

Of course one goes to 'the man' for the real understanding, but what I'm saying is this........

I imagine my quote rubs some folks the wrong way or gets misunderstood big time. With 42 non-stop years performing this show as well as over 35 of those years being an 'educator' on Hendrix, doing lecturing-demonstrations in colleges, TV & radio, I've found that the deeper meaning of this guy's music gets quite overlooked. I've also found that the mysticism of Hendrix is even more overlooked, with the exception of David Henderson as well as Monica touching upon it somewhat in their books.

What I mean by his music/mysticism is......... Jimi hung around Miles Davis, Sly, Hugh Masekela, to name a few & also met twice with Rashaan Kirk & (this is NEVER mentioned by biographers) Sun Ra. Each of these folks are the epitome of musical mysticism. When you seriously study Jimi's music like you would Trane, Bird, Ornette, Duke or even the two I mentioned Rashaan & Sun Ra, you'll find there is 'something' in between the notes that is evasive to the inattentive ear. Also this 'something' is in the sound which encourages sustained attention by the listener.

This 'something' is indefinable, especially in the bios & docs on Jimi, & really one of the reasons it cannot be put into words is because of its transformative nature which effects each listener differently. It has to be demonstrated just as if one were trying to understand yoga or martial arts. It goes beyond writing about it. It has to be demonstrated.

My point is most are aware Jimi was getting quite deep with the study of music. The correspondence course he was taking at Berklee thanks to Quincy Jones & Miles, the Sky Church experimental jams at his various upstate houses, the touch-style/free-hand playing style he was working on before his death all bear witness to this fact.

Some of us, who seriously study this man's music, feel the need for this information to be promulgated to those who truly want to understand a man who viewed music as a tool for spiritual transformation, especially just before he died.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:23 pm 

Hi Bleu,
Nice to make your acquaintance too. Hope my earlier comments are not taken as flippant.
I'm intrigued so will try and pick up on your radio b/casts. Will of course look forward to seeing your film.
Even when I was was unaware of it I think I was "studying" Jimi Hendrix way back in the 60' / 70's. I have been ever since, how else do I explain to myself the life long love of this music. Why keep going back to the same releases week in week out, it has to more than "I like this tune". I hope like me you pick up something new on every listen be it a nuance not heard or noticed before or the hint of something, an untaken musical path that Jimi teases you with. Then we have the interplay between his fellow musicians. Yes, Jimi did view music in a mystical way or at least his own musical message as such and more so nearer the end of his lfe.

"Some of us, who seriously study this man's music, feel the need for this information to be promulgated to those who truly want to understand a man who viewed music as a tool for spiritual transformation, especially just before he died."

I think you will find a number of the members of this forum do in fact "seriously study this man's music" and do take an active part in spreading the 'experience' to a wider audience.
Music sweet music .................

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:51 am 

I too have had a very serious interest in Jimi Hendrix since I first saw him on Top Of The Pops in 1967 and have a massive collection of his work. I look forward to seeing the Jimy Bleu film as I do anything relating to Jimi but if Bleu's interpretation of Jimi's music is so fantastic and he has been doing it for so many years WHY HAVE I NEVER HEARD OF HIM BEFORE!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:31 am 

Greetings Paligap....I know you didn't address your comments/question to me specifically, but permit me to respond......

Actually, I don't proclaim that my Hendrix show is 'fantastic'. I only emphasize that it is the longest-running & the only authentic Hendrix show.

In regards to why you never heard of me.......well, ...........in viewing the live vids of this show & listening to the my studio takes on Jimi's songs, you'll probably be asking yourself that same question over & over whether you dig them or not.

Janie & the rest of the 'Jimi crew' know who I am, but it is in their best interest that others not know who I am...........So, this is one of the reasons why I post on these forums.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:01 am 

2015 Update:

Celebrating 45 years performing THE Jimi Hendrix show, Jimy Bleu is now periodically touring with Billy Cox & "The Band Of Gypsies Experience" as ld. guitarist/singer. He has also been returning to performing his full show, which is called "Jimy Bleu & The Voodoo Child Revue", consisting of Bleu fronting 2 musicians portraying "The Experience" & later in the set 2 different musicians portraying "The Band Of Gypsies". The revue performs with vintage equipment, light show & costume changes, covering EVERY period of Jimi's illustrious career with emphasis on creating an exciting stage show.

Look in the fall for the re-premier of Bleu's off-Broadway play based on Hendrix called "Voodoo Child: A Man & His Guitar".

Updated website:
http://www.reverbnation.com/voodoochildreview

Updated FM/online radio show information: http://wfdu.streamrewind.com/host/profi ... /jimy-bleu

Attachments:
File comment: Bleu with Billy Cox band 2015
Bleu_BillyC7.jpg
Bleu_BillyC7.jpg [ 80.36 KiB | Viewed 1130 times ]
File comment: Bleu in Hendrix's official fan club
Jimy-68_69.jpg
Jimy-68_69.jpg [ 117.51 KiB | Viewed 1130 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 4:52 am 

http://www.kisstheskytribute.com (live presentation as well as 3 classic Hendrix tunes exactly reproduced by the tribute band)

https://www.reverbnation.com/voodoochildreview (15 Hendrix studio tunes performed on guitar/bass/live drums/vocals by Bleu)

Attachments:
KTS-poster2b.jpg
KTS-poster2b.jpg [ 182.04 KiB | Viewed 807 times ]