Jimpress

Welcome to the Jimpress Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:18 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:13 pm 

My son has grown up with me playing Hendrix; he actually had me make him a tape of one side with Wild Thing repeated for the entire 30 minutes and Foxy Lady on the other! One day when he would have been about 10, I was playing a tape of Jimi jamming with Stills on bass, and my son, passing the room said that doesnt sound like the usual bass player. Nourishment or indoctrination ? I dont know.

Andrew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:30 pm 

I heard a rumour of a rumour? that Stephen Stills has found the master tapes from the sessions with Jimi from his personal vaults!!!

Any idea what it might be?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:48 pm 

It gets a mention in the March issue of Mojo Magazine:

"Finally, as revealed in MOJO in 2008, the 1970 LP of material Stephen Stills cut with Jimi is inching to release. This LP was cut in London and New York in 1969, the only song released so far being Old Times Good Times from Stills' first solo record."

That would appear to be from a phone interview with Janie Hendrix. Also mentioned are "new DVDs of his performances at Monterey (?) in 1967, Atlanta in 1970 and, with unseen fly-on-the-wall footage, that February's Royal Albert Hall shows."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:27 pm 

Steve Stills used to say that he spent hours (or was it days?) in the studio with Jimi in 1970, but he's revised that to 2 or 3 tracks. Even if it's just outtakes from Old Times Good Times I'd be happy just to see how that solo came about. It's about time.
mal