Jimpress

Welcome to the Jimpress Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:03 am 
Site Admin

Thanks to Alan Lowe for this tip off. The Bio channel tonight. More of Tappy's self publicity I'm given to wonder? Looks like like a Sky only channel so if you have Sky please let us know what transpires.

Criminal Behaviour
Monday 19:00
Jimi's Final Hours: How did rock legend Jimi Hendrix really die? Was it simply a tragic accident or something more sinister, as claimed by the woman who was with him the night he died?

=============================

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:34 pm 

If wikipedia is to be believed (pause while you all stop laughing), this can be got on Virgin Media Channel 242. I'll not be able to confirm/deny/watch this as I'll not be home before about 8. Therefore: Bugger. I'm sure it's just a pile of sensationalist hogwash anyway....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:32 pm 

it's repeated at 1:00am on bio for those that miss it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:13 pm 

This scheduling does not carry over to the US Bio Channel, it seems. I guess I'll have to remain in the dark as to the real truth behind Jimi's demise... :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

I think we all will Frank but people will continue to make money grinding their axes.

=============================

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:00 pm 

Repeated again tonight at 5pm. Will record on the V+ - failed last night because cable tv down in this area for 18 hours. Will keep you posted
mal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:29 am 

This is an A&E (Arts and Entertainment) production dated 2009. The main interviewees are Noel, who includes some of private cine-footage, mainly beachside in Majorca, Kathy, Monica and Chas. Kathy talks about how she met Jimi and accompanied him to the Experience auditions and mentions Mitch and Aynsley, and also her reasons for trying to reopen the inquest, while Monica talks about how Jimi wanted to have children and so on - the usual; Noel talks about the Experience, and how Jimi changed over time. We don't often see Chas chat about Jimi, so for that reason was worth watching, even though we probably all know the story about how he chatted to Jimi on a Wednesday in September 1970 about becoming his producer again, but by Friday Jimi had died, and reporters were waiting to speak to him about Jimi as his dad met him from the train at Newcastle.

There's no Jimi music in the piece which automatically puts us on our guard, although there is some guitar which sounds like (but isn't) Jimi.

Interesting, but no real insights we don't already know. And for some reason there's also a Philadelphia radio talker (I know, I know), reading his script into a radio mike.

So I give it a big Jimpress :cry: :cry: :cry:

mal